As a mom who recently welcomed a newborn, household chores that used to be manageable has become “extra” chaotic. I mean, there’s a reason why it is called a “chore” in the very first place. I don’t know a single person who would claim that they LOVE knocking down every single household chore on their list. It is inevitable that there is at least one that you dread taking care of. As of late, for me, that has become our laundry. Ever since Josiah outgrew his size one diapers (and don’t quite fit his size two perfectly), he tends to leak on his jammies and bedsheet. Better believe it when I say that his laundry alone easily piles up!
Because of the recent changes in our lifestyle, it inspired me to share my “Top 10 Laundry Hacks” to help you all manage your weekly chores –with or without piles of newborn onesies to clean up. So if you’re ready to make laundry day more efficient, check out the following …
- 1. Towel Trick Dryer » Need to dry clothes faster? Throw in a dry towel in your next load, and it will help cut down the drying time for at least 15 – 20 minutes. No, it’s not magic. It simply helps absorb the moisture from all the other pile.
I also suggest checking out LG’s TwinWash system – you get the best of both worlds. Easily wash small and large load simultaneously. Plus the fact that it is energy efficient makes it a great addition to every home. This washer and dryer can tackle any size load while giving the best cleaning performance!
2. Iron Smooth with Ice Cube » Need to skip ironing? Want to freshen up something wrinkled? Grab a dryer sheet and an ice cube then throw it along with the item that needs a touch up for about 10 minutes, and it will come out super smooth and FRESH!
3. Crumpled Aluminum Foil » Don’t you just love those fluffy towels from hotels and spa? Make your home towels just as fluffy and absorbent by crumpling up an aluminum foil and toss it in your dryer along with your towels. You can skip the dryer sheet, and it will save you a couple of bucks too!
4. Hairspray VS Ink » Uh-oh … found an ink stain? Don’t fret! Save that fabric by spraying it with hairspray. Saturate the ink with the spray and let it work its magic for 10 minutes. Then wash as usual.
5. Stain VS Baking Soda & Lemon » Got sweaty shirts with armpit stains? Before considering throwing it away, revive it by applying lemon juice mixed with baking soda. Let this mixture sit for at least an hour and then proceed by washing it like usual.
6. Snuggle Soft with Vinegar » Love to cook? If you’ve heard of the trick that a teaspoon of vinegar will help make tender baked ribs, this applies to clothing too! In fact, not only will it help soften fabrics, but it also acts like an antibacterial and gets rid of lingering odors.
7. Chalk it Out » Accidentally drizzled grease? Grazed your clothing with lip gloss? Rub a little bit of chalk before washing, and it will help absorb the pesky issue you’re having.
8. Maintain Colors with Salt » We’ve been there, favorite colored clothing that faded too soon. Protect vibrant colors by adding salt to your next load. Nothing special. Proceed with your usual way to wash, except this time you’ll have to add salt. The chloride in salt will help colored clothes from fading too fast.
9. Hint of Lavender » Make your laundry smell EXTRA FRESH by adding a few drops of lavender to your rinse cycle. Aside from smelling good, it helps promote a good night sleep too! This mama truly appreciates a few extra minutes of shut-eye.
10. Bag it and Wash it » If you have toys laying around, that can use a good cleaning, gather them together in a laundry bag and wash away. For mama’s with little boys, this trick is especially perfect for you to use with legos, mega blocks and toy figures that easily collects saliva and even food stain. Make sure you use a thick and sturdy laundry bag.
You would want to remember these ten simple laundry hacks before putting your next load. Want to kick it up a notch? Save more time AND energy with the LG Twin Wash and LG Sidekick.
Why choose the LG Twin Wash and LG Sidekick?
This powerhouse will surely cut washing time, lets you remotely start the washer and monitor the cycle (from your smartphone) while you relax and enjoy your favorite cup of coffee or tea. To top it all, you can also monitor energy usage, download special cycles and take control of five temperature settings for a deeper clean.
How to Save Money?
Between 1/11 – 4/25 Best Buy is offering an amazing deal (up to $500 off) when you purchase LG Twin Wash and LG Sidekick! This opportunity is the perfect time to add an LG laundry solution for your home. Head over to your local store or visit bestbuy.com for more details.