Winter is coming. Just like the famous line from my favorite TV show. To be honest, though, I still can’t believe that we’re already closing in at the end of this year. It’s like the year just started and now it’s almost over. With the cold, chilly weather upon us, I can’t help but crave for some home-cooked dish that reminds me of “home”. Let’s not forget that here in New Jersey (or New York, my hubby’s hometown), getting snowed in is inevitable. So I’ve decided to share my all-time favorite go-to dish … spaghetti! It’s a delicious comfort food that no one can resist! I mean, who doesn’t love pasta?
For starters, I went to our local Giant Food Stores and grabbed a few items that would make my dish an absolute delight. When it comes to making a spaghetti, I love a good burst of flavor with a hint of creaminess. So I grabbed the following items:
- Johnsonville Italian Sausage (HOT) – convenient and flavorful! All the spices are already there, making it a great alternative to ground meat such as beef, pork or turkey. Swap out your usual choice and let the magic happen.
- Barilla Pasta – while living in Italy for 3 ½ years we discovered it is the number 1 brand of pasta over there for bringing Al Dente perfection to every pasta meal.
- 16 oz Galbani Low Moisture Mozzarella Cheese – great for shredding and adds that creamy touch with a hint of sweetness. Mozzarella will always be my favorite cheese.
- Barilla Sauce (Tomato & Basil) – made with all natural ingredients and contains no preservatives! You can guarantee you’re serving the best of the best to your family.
- 1 box Barilla Spaghetti
- 1 jar Barilla Marinara Sauce
- 1 package Johnsonville Italian Sausage
- 1 package Galbani mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, pitted
- 1 tsp parsley
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil on a large pot over medium-low heat
- Take the Johnsonville Sausage out of the packaging and the wrapping. Sautee with garlic and onion until the meat is golden brown. This will become your “ground meat”.
- Add the Barilla Tomato & Basil Sauce onto the cooked sausage followed by the parsley as well as salt and pepper.
- Boil a pot water and cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Serve the pasta with shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
hat’s it, you’re all done. This dish is perfect for any day … even as a weekday meal! Comfort food in just a few steps.