Who hasn’t gone to the kitchen pantry and tried in vain to find that one specific item they need for a recipe? I know I have had such luck quite a number of times. Which always results in an unnecessary second or third trip to a nearby supermarket. Only to finally find where the mystery missing item shortly after. If you have had this kind of problem, then you will definitely find some helpful pointers below “How To Organize A Kitchen Pantry”.
Start by removing everything
The first step in organizing your pantry is to remove everything from it. Empty it down to the bare shelves. This might also be a good time to clean and reline the shelves and the drawers.
Use canisters and Mason Jars
Major items such as flour and sugar should be removed from their store packaging and placed in canisters. These days, lock and lock clear canisters, as well as mason jars are great containers for storing staples. Not only does it make them easier to find but it also keeps them fresh and pest-free.
Throw away old or expired items
While you have everything out of your pantry, check expiration dates. You’ll be surprised how many things you need to toss.
Also make a pile of items to donate to the local soup kitchen. Be sure it has some life left in the expiration date before donating.
If you have a closet pantry, then you probably use it to store pots and pans, electric appliances and a variety of other things. Place appliances securely on the shelves with no cords hanging. Pots and pans can be placed in a pot rack that you hang from the ceiling. Store lids in wire lid racks on the shelves.
You can also utilize smart and multipurpose appliances to save on space. The NEW Breville Combi Wave 3-in-1 Microwave is a combination type that Air Fries and is also a convection oven. It is also compact in size yet provides enough room for snacks with its 1.1 cu. ft. interior. What’s great about it too is that it is well designed and features a modern brushed stainless steel casing, which offers an attractive complement to any existing kitchen décor.
Breville Combi Wave 3-in-1 Microwave
My favorite features are as follow:
- 1400W for powerful microwave cooking. It lets you air fry and have crunchy fries, evenly cooked brussel sprouts, crispy yet moist chicken wings! You can also bake lasagna, chocolate brownies or even roast a whole chicken. Of course you can also use it as is, a microwave with even heat distribution.
- It offers a variety of cooking programs to fit all lifestyle needs. Whether you’re in a rush, or always on the go, you can quickly and easily defrost, reheat, or even prepare meals such as fish, bacon, popcorn, pizza, rice, chicken, meat, cake, and butter/chocolate.
- Combi function. This allows food to cook faster by alternating between cooking functions. The “Fast Combi” feature of the Combi Wave 2-in-1 is designed to prepare your favorite dishes more quickly. It utilizes a technology that switches between Microwave, Convection Oven, and Grilling to achieve the desired temperature and perfect results in less time.
Ready to enjoy an evenly heated meal with consistent flavor? The NEW Breville Combi Wave 3-in-1 Microwave is now AVAILABLE at Best Buy! Order it here » https://bby.me/ehh4s or shop for it at your local Best Buy store!
Potatoes, onions, canned foods and dry goods
- Wire baskets are a great place to store potatoes and onions.
- Grains and pasta are best stored in locking storage containers. These containers are also a great way to store cereal and oatmeal.
- Place your spices either on a spice shelf or drawer that can be pulled out for easy retrieval.
Now that you have everything safely stored and in its designated spot you need to resolve to put items back where they belong after you use them,€” and also to make a regular habit of checking expiration dates.
An organized kitchen makes cooking and baking much easier, and you don’t have to worry if anyone actually opens the pantry door.