Our world is so big, and yet so small. There is so much to see and a lot to discover. Through books, cinematography, and traveling … I get to see the world in a different perspective. If I can travel and explore all 7 continents … I would! When I started blogging, I knew I entered the realm of writing. Eventually, blogging has also opened a path to photography. I love that taking pictures allows me to preserve a memory. It is like freezing time and having a copy of that moment.
Blogging and social media have taken the World Wide Web to a journey like no other. We all have the opportunity to take a glance how other people live their lives and the beauty that surrounds them. It also allows us to take inspiration and for a moment – get away from home. I am a self-confessed shutterbug. While I am not a professional, I have my fair share of photographs that have captured the fancy of many. I have had the opportunity to work and collaborate with brands. In this post, I would like to share my creative take on things in hopes that it will help you take better travel photos, landscape, portrait … or any type of photography.
1. Camera – While you can also take pictures with a digital camera or a camera phone, the difference is in the results. The clarity, crispness and depth of a photo relies heavily on the type of camera. Same thing applies for videos where the subject is in focus while the background is blurred.
Check out the following example and comparison to see the difference between a picture taken with a camera phone and a quality camera.
Not sure which camera to get? I suggest checking out the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II – the only camera you will EVER need (portrait, landscape, skyscrapers, etc.). Even if you already own another brand, this camera is an absolute must-have!
- My top favorite features are:
• Built-In Wi-Fi for remote shooting and wireless sharing
• 16 Megapixel Live MOS Sensor
• 40 Megapixel High Res Shot Mode (superior resolution!!!)
• 81-Point Selectable Autofocus
• Lightweight, Weatherproof Body
2. Lighting – this is what help create the magic … without the proper lighting, the photos will become grainy and dark. Natural lighting is – and always will be BEST! Although, there are more than a few times that a situation will require an artificial light. There are different types of lighting kit and flashes to suit every photographer’s needs.
3. Tripod – a steady hand is very important or the picture will end up looking shaky and blurred. This is where the tripod comes in to aid the situation. Every seasoned photographer knows that straight and parallel lines are a major element. Achieve the perfect alignment with this tool.
My hubby and I love to travel. We have had our fair share of traveling and sightseeing. There is so much beauty around us. Thankfully, I have been fortunate enough to capture some of those through photography.
Personally, if I can see all seven continents of this world … I definitely would. If there’s anywhere I could go right now I would love to see the Hamilton Pool in Texas, Mendenhall Glacier Caves in Alaska, Lake Tahoe in California/Nevada or any of the 29 Surreal Places In America as featured on Buzzfeed.
Ready to take your photography to the next level? In the Olympus® Travel Light with a Free Flight Promotion,Olympus is offering a FREE* roundtrip domestic flight with your E-M5 Mark II purchase through 11/15/2016. Get the full details here – www.FlyWithEM5.com
If ever you avail this promotion, where will you go?