Sun is out, glowing skin is in! Summer is my favorite season and it’s the perfect time to explore and try bright colors and relaxed styles. Every summer has its own stories – my book always comes with bleaching my hair and changing up my hair color, tan lines and to sink beneath the surface whenever I can. On this post I am sharing my summer beauty secrets as well as product picks from Sally Beauty to get pampered from head to toe. Ready to get the inside scoop? Let’s get started!
As always, for all my sun-kissed and mermaid hair projects, my only go-to place is Sally Beauty – they have everything that I need to achieve my perfect beachy waves hair or to fix my paranormal hairtivity. One thing I have learned (the hard way) from bleaching and dyeing my hair at home since I was 16 is that bleaching once isn’t enough to achieve the hair color I want and that toning is an absolute must to even out my hair color.
My Favorite Mermaid Hair Recipe
- L’Oreal Powder Bleach » the powder that does all the hard work for lifting your hair color.
- Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Creme Developer » the magic potion that helps the bleach do its thing.
- Wella T18 Lightest Ash Blonde Toner » the mix that makes your hair look absolutely even and fabulous.
- Ion Brights Semi-Permanent Hair Color » the only 50 shades of dye you will ever need.
- Clairol Shimmer Lights Conditioning Shampoo » the purple shampoo hat maintains your lightened hair and prevents brassiness.
Instant Favorites for Maintaining My Mane
- ApHogee » to help manage the stress on your tresses by rebuilding hair structure. Absolute game changer! I promise – this is an absolute must have if you have ever bleached your hair. Like, right now!
- Ion Repair Split End Mender » to balance hair moisture and restore softness and manageability.
Other Essentials I Hauled from Sally BeautyPIN IT! PIN IT! PIN IT! PIN IT!
When it comes to pampering, it is quite typical for everyone to think of bath bombs and lotion … who wouldn’t anyway? We associate it to glowing skin that is supple to touch. But what about our feet? We can’t forget that part! In fact, we definitely need to care for our tootsies as it takes us places. Can you imagine how battered and beat up your ankles, soles, midfoot, arch and phalanges feel like? My weight runs between 107-114 lately and standing for more than an hour even if I am just walking around makes my feet throb already. What more if you have much more strenuous activity? What you need is to slather some heel to toe – I picked up these trio (currently offered in-store as buy 2 get 1 free).
- Restore Moisture » softens and moisturizes dry legs and feet.
- Exfoliate » rubs off dead skin cell leaving out feet smooth, polished and refreshed.
- Intensive Care » formulated to repair dry skin and retain moisture throughout the night.
Summer-Ready with Sally Beauty
Now that I am pampered from head to toe, I’m off to get ready for a lovely Lollapalooza Festival this weekend! Check my post tomorrow for the complete deets on this ootd! Hope you enjoyed today’s post … and if you did, please feel free to share. Until next time. xx