So Valentine’s day is literally days away!!! Who else is excited? I normally don’t celebrate occasions … not even my birthday for that matter. But now that we have Josiah King, I would just about pick any event as a reason to celebrate and make our little one smile. Another thing that I look forward to Valentines is the “acceptable” excuse of indulging in some sweets.
Okay, so here’s the thing … I already munch on quite a few sweets regularly. I happen to have a sweet tooth, and it is just quite hard to resist. So I had to figure out a way to satisfy my cravings without having to take a trip to a sweet shop, bakery, or grocery store on a regular. I mean, let’s be practical here … those sweets can quickly add up in cost! So for today’s post I am sharing one of my favorite and well requested Love Inspired Valentine Cupcakes. Ooooh I tell ya, you’re going to love this a bunch!!!
Ready? Let’s get started then …
Love Inspired Valentine Cupcakes
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 C. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 2/3 C. all-purpose flour
- vanilla frosting, any brand
- 10 oz package of Wilton bright pink candy melts
- 10 oz package of Wilton light pink candy melts
- X mold
- O mold
- Heart mold
- 2 small sandwich baggies
- Kitchen scissors
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the butter, egg whites, sugar, sour cream, milk and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Line a 12 count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Fill each muffin well about 1/2 way with cupcake batter.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. Insert a toothpick around 18 minutes, if it comes out clean the cupcakes are done.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling pour each of the Wilton candy melt colors into separate microwave safe bowls.
- Place each bowl in the microwave one at a time – heating for 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted. Let cool a few minutes.
- Scoop the melted chocolate into 1 sandwich baggy.
- Snip the corners of the baggies and gently squeeze the melted chocolate from each baggy into your silicone mold filling the X’s, O’s and Hearts.*
- Let the chocolates set. To speed up the setting process you can place the molds in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Repeat this step for as many chocolates as you need (you may need to re-heat the candy melts)
- Generously frost each cupcake with vanilla frosting.
- Gently pop the chocolates out of the silicone molds and place one on top of each cupcake.
*If you don’t want to use a sandwich baggy, use a small spoon to scoop the melted chocolate into the silicone molds.
*Makes approximately 12-14 cupcakes
XOXO – Love Inspired Valentine Cupcakes
Now that you’ve seen how these cupcakes turned out … what do you think? I honestly think they look sooo adorable. Too cute to eat, but too delicious not to enjoy. Let me know if you’ve given it a try!