This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Clorox Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
Home can be messy if you have a baby, especially when you have no time to clean. As a new mom, time management can be tough; doing household chores, taking care of the baby, and making time for your husband as well as yourself. In my case, I am also a working mom at home, so you can imagine how hectic my daily routine is.
Cleaning is one of the hardest things to do since I don’t have much time to spare nowadays, but household chores became easier with Clorox Regular-Bleach₂ with CLOROMAX®. Clorox kills 99.9% of bacteria and germs. It disinfects almost everything, and I personally feel safer especially for Josiah King.
Here are some of my favorite things to do with Clorox.
1. “The Classic” Stain Remover » One thing comes to mind when it comes to wearing whites, and that is the challenge of keeping it neat and clean. Personally, I love wearing white clothes because it is refreshing but spilling something on it is obviously a hassle. Aside from that, I also have plenty of stained laundries, especially on Josiah King’s clothes. Removing stains using regular laundry soaps is hard. What I do is pour a little Clorox directly on the stain before washing it. A little pre-treatment goes a long way!
MAJOR TIP: to remove stains, add Clorox® Regular-Bleach₂ with CLOROMAX® to your laundry. For best results add ½ cup or follow the max fill level of your washer.
2. Sanitize Plastic Toys » Josiah King is starting to play with toys and what worries me is the germs he might get when he’s playing with it. He tends to put everything on his mouth and having dirty toys can be dangerous to his health. To prevent this, I make sure I always sanitize all his toys by cleaning it using Clorox. I soak the toys in a pail of water with Clorox in it. I leave it for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing and cleaning it well.
MAJOR TIP: when trying to clean and sanitize smaller toys such as lego and mega blocks I simply use a small mesh bag, place all toys inside and throw the mesh bag into the washer. This makes cleaning and sanitizing faster and much more efficient!
3. Keep Your Bed Sheets and Covers White » This is probably one of the most common uses for bleach – to whiten things. Don’t let your bed sheets and covers look old because of stains. White sheets tend to look OFF white if not taken care of and let’s be honest, no one wants that to happen. With this, I can quickly achieve the white that I want and make my sheets look brand new again. Personally, I prefer using Clorox Regular Bleach₂ with Cloromax because when it comes to effectiveness, Clorox is absolutely the best for me and my family. Believe it or not, my grandma and my mom uses Clorox too and I grew up seeing them use the same brand!
FACT: Clorox® Regular-Bleach₂ with CLOROMAX® now keeps clothes whiter longer and cleans and protects surfaces.
4. Make Flowers Last Longer. » One of the best trick to make your room look lovely is to display a fresh flower – because why not? Everyone loves flowers! If you don’t have enough time to grow a real flower, you can opt for store-bought ones in a vase. To keep them longer, what I usually do is put 1/4 teaspoon of Clorox in the vase water. With this trick, you don’t have to change its water daily, and it also lessens the chance of growing any bacteria in the open water inside your vase.
5. Cleanse Dirty Grouts » It’s disgusting to have dirty grout, and if neglected, it can turn into a stain in the fillings of the tiles. Removing the dirt between the tiles can be tough and will take time and effort. To prevent this from happening, one of my favorite tricks is to mix bleach in water and put it in a spray bottle. I spray it at least once or twice a week, leave it for a few minutes, scrub it a little, rinse it with water and voila. The grouts are clean again.
6. Disinfect the Bathroom » One of the dirtiest places in the house is the bathroom. From its walls, down to its floor; all are prone to bacteria and germs. Bowl can be very nasty too. I don’t want to have a gross and disgusting bathroom so what I do is mix a cup of Clorox into a pail of water and clean the whole bathroom floor and walls with it. I also pour a cup of Clorox directly into the bowl and then leave it for a few minutes before cleaning it.
MAJOR TIP: to clean and disinfect nonporous surfaces mix ½ cup of Clorox® Regular-Bleach2 with CLOROMAX® per gallon of water. Leave it on the surface for at least 5 minutes before rinsing. Air dry when done.
FACT: Disinfects to kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria!
7. Customize Clothes » “Favorite Clothing Hack” use your bleach to design your old colored clothes! This hack goes well with black as using bleach on a black cloth will turn it into a pinkish color. You can design your clothes by dipping stamps in Clorox and then press it to the shirt until it dries. Another technique is by using any stick or brush and then doodle it on the shirt. With this, you can personalize your old clothes and wear them as if they were new!
MAJOR PARENTING WIN: spend some quality time with your precious kids and create custom designs together.
As most of you know by now, we regularly shop at our local Walmart. Which is also why I love sharing awesome finds such as the Clorox Regular-Bleach₂ with CLOROMAX® to all of you. Don’t forget to grab one your next shopping visit!
These are just a few of many uses of Clorox. In our household, these 7 tips are my go-to for keeping everything on point. How about you? Do you have any suggestions on how to use Clorox Regular-Bleach₂ with CLOROMAX® efficiently? I’d love to discover them!