While many people have no problem choosing a baby gift, they have a much harder time trying to figure out the best gift to give a new mom. What do new moms need? It’s actually much more straightforward than one could possibly imagine … fun, relaxation, time to rest and time away from the baby.
New Moms Need Pampering
New moms are exhausted, and their bodies are sore. What better way to relax and heal than with a professional massage? A trip to a day spa, without the baby, is an excellent gift for a new mom. And for a little later, when she’s ready to be away from the baby overnight, buy her a luxurious night at a hotel in town. If you can’t afford a hotel room, offer her your guest room, and make her meals, bring her breakfast in bed. Spoil her a little – she deserves it.
The Gift of a Magazine Subscription for Mom
Having a baby represents a significant change in lifestyle. If a woman has chosen to stay at home with her baby, she may have given up an exciting job and intellectual pursuits. So why not send some thought-provoking reading material her way? Buy her a subscription to her favorite magazine, and she’ll have something to look forward to in the mail. Skip the parenting mags – she’s already immersed in being a parent. Choose something that’s just for her and that reflects her pre-baby self.
An Anthology of Motherhood Stories
Every mother struggles with her new role. Here are some great books of personal stories about the joys and complexities of motherhood. They will offer the new mom some company and support when she feels like she’s alone.
- * Mothers who Think, an anthology of articles from Salon’s on-line magazine archives, edited by Camille Peri and Kate Moses
- * Between Interruptions: Thirty Women Tell the Truth about Motherhood, a Canadian anthology edited by Cori Howard
- * Breeder: Real-Life Stories from the New Generation of Mothers, a collection written by Hip Mama creator Ariel Gore and Bee Lavender.
The Gift of An Outing With the Baby
Taking the baby out can be expensive. It can also be hard to think of baby-friendly places to go. The gift of an annual membership to local activity, such as an aquarium, community center, or zoo is priceless in terms of the incentive to get out and about with baby. She might also appreciate classes like mom and baby yoga, fit for two, or swimming lessons. Ever heard of Gymboree classes? You can thank me later!
The Gift of Time Off for Mom
Being a new mom is exhausting. Offer to babysit for an afternoon or even an evening and give the mom a chance to do whatever she likes – sleep, go for a walk, have coffee with a friend. When you show up, bring her a home-cooked meal so she won’t have to worry about dinner.
Another great idea is to reach out to family, friends, as well as co-workers to chip-in for a surprise appliance gift. Let’s be honest, being a new mom means having lots of baby-related chores to keep up with WHILE still managing the rest of the household task. Dishes, cookware, and even baby bottles and equipment can quickly pile up. This is where a new dishwasher can help tremendously … just like the Bosch 500 Series Dishwasher!
What’s so phenomenal when it comes to the Bosch 500 Series Dishwasher? A lot, and I am glad you asked! Here are my top specification features that I can’t get enough of …
- It is designed with a large interior, which tremendously helps with the loading to comfortably accommodate all types of kitchenware. It is also equipped with a flexible 3rd rack, which is great for cooking utensils and ramekins.
- Every mom (and parents) wants to save in every possible way … and that’s what’s great with every Bosch dishwasher – it is ENERGY STAR qualified and even meets OR exceeds federal guidelines for year-round of energy savings.
- When the little one is sound asleep, no one wants to disturb that peaceful rest. After all, every minute and every second is precious. The quiet operation of the Bosch 500 Series Dishwasher incorporates 18 unique sound-reducing technologies that make a world of difference.
There are a lot more features to highlight, but ONE THING that stood out the most for me is its “Sanitize Option” which reduces 99.9% of bacteria with a hot-wash rinse. You get clean AND also sanitize? SOLD!!!
Want to know more about the Bosch 500 Series Dishwasher? Read all about it here “10 Important Things You Need to Know About Your Dishwasher and The Bosch Home AutoAir™ Bosch 500 Series”.
Interested in ordering now? Purchase this appliance from your local Best Buy store, and you can also take advantage of their FREE delivery and installation! Find out more here: https://bby.me/9w8ep
As a fellow mom (and soon to be a NEW mom once again), I can attest to this statement “ANY mom would absolutely appreciate the extra time she will gain by not having to do ANY dishes”. I know if I were in this position I would use that time to doze off and get a little shut-eye here and there.
Any of these gifts will be much appreciated by a new mom. Also, don’t forget to tell her you love her and that she’s doing a great job.