Are you guilty of making resolutions to eat healthy only to end up breaking that promise shortly after the year started? Year after year, I would try to commit to a healthier lifestyle. Obviously, I have yet to succeed. It gets challenging to maintain a healthy diet, especially when it requires additional time to prepare. If I’m being honest here, it’s obviously easier to reach out for a junk food, microwaveable meal, or even a TV dinner.
Last year, there was a major trend surrounding Instant Pot and KETO diet, I’ve figured it’s about time I try to join the bandwagon. I mean why not? Everyone is literally raving how easy and straightforward it is to cook in their IP’s. That means less time in the kitchen, no major changes to my current schedule, and I still get to serve a delicious home cooked meal! You bet I was sold with the idea.
What about KETO? The term is coined from the ketogenic diet. It is a very low-carb yet high-fat diet that shares similarities with the popularized Atkins and usual low-carb diets. It deprives the body of carbs to turn fats into fuel while eating the food you love. So for my first Instant Pot recipe post I am sharing a Keto-Friendly Deconstructed Ribeye Soup Bowl!
Your family and even your guests will surely love this perfectly pan-seared ribeye, sautéed with asparagus, shiitake mushroom, mashed cauliflower, and smoked provolone-infused soup bowl. No need to tell them it only took you minutes to prepare, as they are in for a treat! It is so delicious that I can guarantee that they will rave about all of its savory flavors. Let’s get started
Makes 4 soup bowls
- 2 well-marbled ribeyes
- 6-8 oz. smoked Provolone, shredded
- 32 oz. beef bone broth, or stock
- Large head of cauliflower
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 package fresh shiitakes
- 1 bunch fresh kale
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Deconstructed Ribeye Soup Bowl Ingredients
1. Preheat your oven to 450.
2. Steam the cauliflower, then mash with the provolone.
3. Toss the kale in a generous 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper -then bake for about 10 minutes, or until charred.
4. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a cast iron pan, add salt and pepper seasoned ribeyes once the oil is hot. Cook 2-3 min per side, depending on desired doneness.
5. While the ribeyes are cooking, sautée the mushrooms and asparagus over high heat in about 2 tablespoons of butter.
6. Heat the broth either on the stove or in a microwave.
7. For each bowl, scoop a large dollop of the cauliflower into the middle, top with 1/2 a sliced ribeye, arrange the veggies around the sides, finally, ladle a cup of the broth into the mixture and serve.
… and SERVE!
Keto-Friendly Deconstructed Ribeye Soup Bowl
… and just like that dinner (or even lunch) is served! I personally can’t believe how good it turned out. I wished I had given the instant pot a try as soon as I heard about it last year! Imagine how many healthy meals I could have served since then.
Every bite will whisper a different tale to their tastebuds with this Keto-inspired deconstructed ribeye soup! The flavor is really amazing because it is infused with healthy fats, balanced by the charred kale and beef broth. It won’t be a surprise when your family or even guest finish every last bite of this filling bowl and ask you for the recipe! Enjoy.