Love music festivals? Then you’re most likely heading to Lollapalooza’s 25th anniversary celebration this weekend! If you’re still trying to figure out how to survive this year’s 4 day celebration – I got you covered! For those who came across this post by searching for ways to prepare for festivals (Lollapalooza, Coachella, Governors Ball, Kcon, Firefly, etc.), then this post is also perfect for you. I’ll be sharing my “music festival must-haves” along with some outfit ideas and tips to help you rock through it all.
First things first, don’t panic! I totally understand the excitement can easily set in and get the best of everyone — but I promise you, it won’t help. Relax and check out the pointers below.
3 Step Check List
1. Prepare your ticket and your budget. If you’re heading to Lollapalooza, make sure to check out their wristbands for a smooth entrance each day of the festival and have the ability to pay with a tap of your wrist! Or consider other cashless options such as using Samsung and Apple pay.
2. Check out the schedule and lineup. That way you can plan ahead of time and find a good viewing spot. Make sure to arrive early before everyone takes all the good ones.
3. Book for a place to stay. Check out hotel packages, bed and breakfast and my favorite of all, Airbnb.
The morning after – before leaving my Airbnb place in NYC
Music Festival Must-Haves
- Handy Bag – opt for something lightweight and handy. Just enough room to hold your essentials. I prefer something in light colors without prints so it doesn’t clash with my outfit. I also lean towards totes that are made of canvas or fabric so it’s washable.
- Sunglasses – for obvious reason, you need to get your peepers protected from the sun. Plus the added bonus that it makes you look extra cool!
- Mouthwash or Pocket Packs – to keep your breath fresh even after countless hours. After munching delectable east from chow town, this will also help you freshen up on the go.
- Hand Sanitizer – to get rid of germs and bacteria. I just can’t stand having to touch my face or my food without washing or sanitizing first.
- Selfie Stick – I am not a big fan of selfie sticks for every day or regular use, but when it comes to festivals, they’re an absolute must have! You wouldn’t want to miss anyone on your shot. The more, the merrier.
- Tissue – to wipe away any leftover food, sweat or even pat away oiliness in your face. My T-zone tends to develop a shiny film after a few hours and I love having an option to freshen up to stay on point.
- Power Bank – to keep my phone’s battery running and never miss a moment. Sure, you’d most likely be unplugged and enjoying the rest of festivities but if you’re an iphone user, you’d know how fast the batteries drain after taking a few selfies, videos and some snapchat update. Don’t forget your cord!
- Handy Pill Container – I have tendency to become acidic or have headaches so I always pack my antacid prescription and motrin. It’s a good idea to bring some handy. That way, you won’t miss any fun or moment when you’re not feeling your best. Grab your chill pill and get back in the zone.
- Travel Sized Lotion – there’s nothing more embarrassing than dry, flaky skin. Keep yourself hydrated no matter the weather.
- Flushable Cleansing Cloths – let’s face it, after all the delicious grub and drinks, at one point or another you will have to go. One thing that I can’t stand is feeling icky and uncomfortable. So I make sure to have flushable cleansing cloths to stay fresh, clean and confident! In fact, Cottonelle® with CleanRipple® Texture is designed to clean better, so you’re clean & confident enough to go commando.
Lollapalooza Ready with Cotonelle!
Cottonelle® knows it takes a bold confidence to go commando, but once you’ve got it – it makes all the difference. Cottonelle® with CleanRipple® Texture is a proprietary innovation on all Cottonelle® toilet paper and flushable cleansing cloths that is designed to clean better than the leading national value brand. Trust me on packing this baby with you on the go, your bum will thank you later. 😉
Festival Ready Makeup Essentials
Festival Ready Outfit Pointers
Cottonelle® Festival Must Haves Kit Giveaway:
Each kit will include a selection of fabulous festival “must haves” — Cottonelle® Flushable Cleansing Cloths with CleanRipple® Texture, a floppy hat, makeup setting spray, tinted moisturizer and moleskin. The Cottonelle® “Festival Must Haves” Reader Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:01 a.m. EST on July 25, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on August 8, 2016 (the “Entry Period”)
Also, don’t forget to check out Cottonelle® sweepstakes for a chance to win an all-inclusive trip to Wanderlust 108 Festival in Miami on October 22!