Happy New Year! So it’s been a whirlwind in our household. I swear I could barely remember what it was like to have 8 hours of sleep or along those lines. Don’t get me wrong, having a baby is everything I/we wish and wanted, but of course, we’re not hypocrites not to admit that we miss the cozy nights and sleep hours we used to have.
Someday soon I know we will have longer stretches of sleep. But right now? We juggle between 2-3 hours maximum 4 hours of sleep before waking up for a feeding or diaper change. Having 5 hours straight is the goal and if we get to 6, I’d be singing praises as right now it’s like a dream.
Josiah King’s arrival has painted our 2017 and wrapped up the year for us with so much joy. With that, we have also welcomed 2018 on a high note and we look forward to making many memories and learning new things about parenthood.
Here are a few fun-facts we have learned about babies …
- • Their pee can go high … and yes, expect a GOLDEN SHOWER
• Their poopie can GO … and expect a projectile when it happens while changing
• Some babies sleep through the night right away – SOME DON’T
One month after giving birth, I had mastitis. It started with lumps that wouldn’t go away. It’s from clogged milk that was left over from nursing. Then red streaks appeared one morning and the rest hit me hard and fast. I remember not feeling well, then having chills, then a spiked temperature of more than 101. I spent a few days in the hospital because of that. I promise I’ll try to share a blog post about what I learned about Mastitis to help get some information out. It won’t completely prevent it from happening but it might help out moms or future mamas by taking precaution.
UPDATE: check out my post ❝ Breastfeeding and Having Mastitis ❞ to find out what I have learned and discovered from my experience.
A few goals I have set for myself are as follow …
• Beat my last year’s accomplishments
• Earn more and find other sources of income
• Improve my blogging, photography, and videography
• Save up and possibly invest
• Open a new bank account for our Baby
• Look into stocks or bond that can be named for our son
• Visit family in the Philippines
• Start a business or partner with friends for a small biz
• Eat healthily and be healthier
• Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight
So far that wraps up the latest updates and what life is like for our family. How about you? I would love to know what your 2018 is like and if you have any major goals as well!