Are you thinking about buying the Cricut EasyPress 2? If so, then you’ll want to read all that I have to say about this amazing must-have Cricut product. The Easypress 2 makes iron-on projects easier and is a fabulous option for your Cricut Infusible Ink projects.
What is the EasyPress 2?
The EasyPress 2 is a device that allows you to place your iron-on and Infusible Ink designs onto the material of your choice. With an even disbursement of heat, it’s a much more reliable option than using your household iron. Iron-on vinyl and other Cricut projects require heat to transfer your completed design onto the material of your choice.
That’s what the EasyPress 2 is made to do, transfer your designs that require a heat transfer onto your projects quickly and evenly. Since each iron-on or Cricut Infusible Ink project requires a different level of heat and pressure, the EasyPress 2 helps remove any variables that arrive when you’re using an iron or other heating option to transfer your designs onto your material.
What is the difference between EasyPress 2 and EasyPress?
The EasyPress 2 heats up about 25% faster than the original EasyPress, it also reaches a temperature of 400 degrees. The original EasyPress only goes to 350 degrees. The medium size EasyPress 2 takes just two minutes to eat up, and the smaller EasyPress 2 takes a minute to heat up.
The EasyPress 2 comes in three different sizes to ensure you have the right tool for the right job. There’s the 6×6 inches, the 9×9 inches, and the 12×10 inches. Each is ideal for different projects, such as:
EasyPress 2 6×6 Inches:
• Perfect size for traveling with your Cricut.
• Useful for baby items.
• Cosmetic bags or similar smaller containers.
• And other small surface projects.
EasyPress 2 9×9 Inches:
• Great for metal surface projects.
• Medium-sized t-shirts and similar projects.
• Wooden projects.
• And another medium-sized Cricut craft you may be working on with heat press requirements.
EasyPress 2 12×10 Inches:
• Perfect for extra-large projects.
• Extra-large t-shirts and similar.
• Large totes and other bags.
What Materials Can I use the EasyPress 2 On?
Now for some EasyPress 2 tips, such as what materials you can use with this fabulous heat press machine. You can use the EasyPress 2 for your iron-on and infusible ink Cricut crafts that need to be applied to a wide range of materials.
You’ll want to make sure that you’re using the right iron-on or Infusible Ink product for your particular project, but otherwise, the EasyPress 2 can be used with burlap, cotton, faux leather, felt, polyester, and so much more. Cricut has its own heat guide to help guide you along with choosing the right temperature for the project and material you’re working on. https://cricut.com/en_us/heatguide
EasyPress 2 Tips and Tricks
In conclusion, the EasyPress 2 makes it easier to create your special projects using the Cricut Design Space with ease. There are some tips and tricks I’ve learned during my time using the EasyPress 2 and here are some of those tips and tricks I wish to pass along to you:
• Work on a firm surface and always pre-press your material before transferring your Cricut Design onto the material.
• Use an EasyPress mat to ensure your heat is transferred evenly onto your material for the best Cricut craft results.
• Always use a protective sheet between your iron-on transfer vinyl and the heat press to avoid having any material melt onto your EasyPress 2.
• Keep EasyPress 2 firmware updated at all times.
That’s all I have to share for today about the Cricut EasyPress 2. I think you have enough information to get started thinking about using this fabulous device for your next iron-on or Infusible Ink project. I can’t wait to see what you create.