As I look into which Cricut machine is right for me, I wanted to share some of the information I’ve found. Today I’ll discuss more about the Cricut Explore Machine and what you can do with this machine. I know that many bloggers have found that they’ve saved money and added a new revenue stream using their Cricut machine, so I hope that this blog post inspires you to do something more with your Cricut Explore machine.
What is the Cricut Explore Machine?
The Cricut Explore machine is a cutting system that works electronically. This machine blends the Circut Design Space, a free design software, with the Cricut’s precision cutting technology to allow you to make spectacular DIY projects.
You can cut many materials using your Cricut Explore machine, such as leather, vellum, and paper. There are over 50 material options that will work with your Cricut Explore. This means you can develop so many new things in your home or with the kids.
Being able to make stencils or coloring pages for your kids to learn more is just a couple of ideas that really make my heart happy. I love the idea of using a Cricut Explore machine to make my own alphabet stencils so my son can increase vocabulary all the while learning the letters of the alphabet.
Cricut Explore Air 2
What Does the Cricut Explore Machine Do?
As soon as you purchase your Cricut Explore machine you’ll want to get it set up. This newer model machine isn’t the highest-end Cricut machine but blows away the basic Cricut machine options for sure. You won’t have to use cartridges with the Cricut Explore. You’ll have access to a large selection of options in their library.
You do need to use the free Cricut Design Space software to plan and develop your next project. This free software comes with your Cricut Explore machine. Instructions are provided to allow for ease of use and set up when you first dive into the world of DIY with Cricut Explore.
Crafting with Cricut Explore Air 2
While many people started using the Cricut for scrapbooking, the options have surpassed a basic scrapbooking machine. The Cricut Explore allows you to make so many DIY projects or expand upon your already fabulous DIY projects. Your Cricut Explore machine can handle a wide range of materials, as stated above over 50 of them, and allows you to easily create stencils for the perfect painted wooden sign.
The Cricut machine is a great way to save money on home décor, t-shirts, and so much more! The ideas of what you can do with Cricut for your home or kids are endless. Since I’m in the market to purchase a Cricut, and uncertain which model to get, I wanted to research some things to do with this fabulous machine.
I searched high and low for ideas of what families can use their new Cricut machine for, and the list is astounding. I had no idea you could do so many different things with this machine. Are you ready to learn some ways you can use your Cricut in your home or with your kids? Then continue reading for my list of 10 ideas.
10 Things You Can do with Cricut for your Home or Kids
1. Make Stencils
- You can easily design your own stencils using your Cricut machine. This is perfect for teaching kids their alphabet or making home décor pieces. I’ve also seen many people use Cricut to make stencils for use on their wooden signs. You can place these stencils on any material and paint a masterpiece with inspirational quotes and so much more!
2. Create Vinyl Quotes
- There are many vinyl options for purchase to use with your Cricut machine. Depending on which Cricut model you have, the options vary. I think it shoulds super fun to make some vinyl car decals with inspirational quotes or family people if you’re into that thing. The vinyl purchased needs to be correct for whichever project you’re planning to do with your vinyl quotes on the Circut machine.
3. DIY Greeting Cards
- I love getting greeting cards for family members’ birthdays and holidays. With the holiday season nearing, it’s always fun to use your Cricut machine to make DIY greeting cards. This will save you money and allow you to give customized greeting cards to every family member.
4. Customize Tote Bags
- Do you carry a tote bag with you? Whether you have a tote bag for baby supplies or books, it’s so much fun to design your own custom tote bags. Using the vinyl material or iron-on transfer paper, you can customize tote bags so that you stand out from the crowd.
5. Make Coloring Pages
- It’s been proven time and time again that adult coloring books help relax you. If you’re someone who enjoys coloring pages then use your Cricut machine to create your own coloring pages. These coloring pages can be kid-friendly or adult-friendly, the choice is yours.
6. Make Decals for Model Airplanes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E04V0Arcqbs
- Some people have used their Cricut machine to create decals for model airplanes. This is perfect for that avid model airplane creator in your home. I’m going to suggest that you watch a few tutorials on this concept so that you can master making the best decals for your model airplanes.
7. Make Your Own T-Shirts
- There are many people making their own t-shirts and selling them online. This is a great way to build custom t-shirts for traveling families to match and make a side income if you’re looking for a side hustle. There are plenty of options for customized t-shirt designs using your Cricut machine.
8. Monogram Your Water Bottles
- This is very similar to making your own vinyl quotes to place in your car or around your home. You can use Cricut to create monograms for your water bottles or work with your kids to create customized monograms for the water bottles that they bring to school.
9. Make Paper Flower Bouquets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsD_M8jLG6o
- I’m blown away with the stylish paper flower bouquets that others have made with their Cricut machine. This is a great way to switch up your home décor theme with a beautiful, everlasting flower design that suits the color and theme of your current home design.
10. Paper Pennants for Parties https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kXYfI_Tzyc
- Let’s face it, birthday parties for kids can be quite expensive! You want to make sure that little one has a birthday they’ll remember but all of the party décor options are expensive these days. You can use your Cricut machine to make paper pennants for parties. This is a great way to save money and make the perfect design for your next birthday party bash!
As you can see, the things you can do with Cricut for your home or kids are truly amazing. I had no idea that so many families were using their Cricut machine to develop home décor, t-shirts, and other options to customize their life. I hope this list of ideas has inspired you to dust off your Cricut machine and start creating soon.
If you’re thinking about getting a new Cricut machine this year, I highly suggest you check out the Cricut Explore Air 2, as I’ve found it’s truly an amazing machine that can save costs in all areas of life between party décor to everyday home décor.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.