After the usual 9 to 5, the long merciless week and the tiring non-stop hustling – feeling beat up and completely worn out is quite expected. Wishing for a vacation is typical. Wanting to get-away is usual. Except in reality, the usual is a night at home with a 99% chance of wine. Which is why, my personal favorite is taking a break from the world … at the convenience of our own home.
Life happens. Sometimes you just need to re-create everything especially if visiting the spa isn’t possible. Even if it is, there are days that just calls for an at-home retreat. Budget, kids, whatever the case may be Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™ Essential Oils is the best way to get started. Check out the tips below to plan your own get-away staycation.
1. Plan ahead – Just because you’re at home doesn’t mean you can easily pick out a time and shut everything down. To make sure everything goes smoothly, book your own calendar and stick with it. Give yourself plenty of time to plan everything out down to the smallest detail.
2. Unplug – On the day of your retreat, unplug and disconnect from the world. That also includes the internet. There’s nothing relaxing juggling in between articles, social media and emails – before you know it, you’re already consumed by the usual stuff and your getaway plan will fail.
Tip: for the mom’s (and even dad’s), plan around your kid’s schedule and if possible execute your plan around bed time. That way, you have the rest of the night to unwind while the rest of the world snoozes.
3. Indulge – Cater to your cravings. Sweets and Snacks are the usual choices but to make things a bit more fun and interesting, opt for some fresh slices of fruits, whip cream on the side and served with a perfectly chilled wine or cocktail.
4. Stretch, Reflect, Meditate – Rejuvenate by spending an extra “ME” time for yourself. Be honest … you know you deserve it. It’s about time to sit down, empty your mind with all the worries, stress, ideas and what not – just relax and enjoy the moment.
Tip: get a step-up on this meditation by playing some nature sounds and flex those joints with yoga.
5. Diffuse the Perfect Smell – Set the mood right and awaken your senses with essential oils. Throughout the years, this ancient method had been used heavily for beauty and wellness reason – and to date, it still is a reliable option for the modern users.
- • Grapefruit: tangy, clean, refreshing
• Chamomile: calming, nurturing, soothing
• Patchouli: earthy, woody, sweet
• Lavender: soothing, comforting, clarity
• Jasmine: comforting, passionate, warm
• Peppermint: stimulating, vitalizing, cooling
• Rosemary: tonifying, clarifying, warm
• Lemongrass: sweet, uplifting, refreshing
• Eucalyptus: cooling, calming, balancing
• Thrive: earthy, woody, cleansing, purifying
6. Treat Yourself – Time to give yourself a good boost. Invigorate and Rejuvenate.
- DIY Face Mask: easily fix up a mask by whipping up some oatmeal, brown sugar and carefully adding 1-3 droplets of your preferred essential oil mix. Personally I love thrive and rosemary for it purifying and clarifying aroma.
Relaxing Bubble Bath: fix up a good soak with your preferred bubble bath soap then add some essential oils. Preferred scent is chamomile – for its perfect calming qualities.
7. Relax and Rewind – After achieving the desired level of relaxation, don’t forget to plan for the next one. Just rinse and repeat.
1. Showering – I love adding a few drops of grapefruit into our body wash for that clean refreshing scent. Peppermint is optional but a great combination especially during summer season.
2. Cleaning the house – Aside from my essential oil infused home-made all-purpose cleaner and non-toxic disinfectant, I tend to get carried away cleaning the house and what better way to keep me going than diffusing few drops of lemongrass. It’s the perfect finishing touch after a major clean up.
3. Doing our laundry – I occasionally switch between jasmine and lavender but I always add a drop or two in every load. It smells wonderful and last a long time too.
4. Holistic skin care product – Once in a while I also play around on infusing a drop on a diy lip scrub, face mask and a good old bubble bath. What oil to use will depend on what I wish to achieve but it is always blended with sweet almond oil as base.
5. Relaxing – Almost, if not every day that I diffuse eucalyptus oil on a portable diffuser. I have one in the counter top of our master bathroom (where I leave the door open so the aroma slowly spread across the master bedroom) as well as another on our living room.
What I totally love is that all of these Nature’s Bounty Earthly Elements products are available at Walmart! The complete line consist of:
- • Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™ aromatherapy diffuser
• 1 Sweet Almond carrier (base) oil
• 10 different scent of essential oils (sold separately)
As most of you already know, I am a frequent Walmart shopper and can’t resist their bargain deals and unbeatable prices. So make sure to check out these products the next you get to stop by or browse online. I promise you, it is worth purchasing.
For those of you who are interested to know more about essential oils, how it is used and some other ideas to use them for, look forward to another post featuring my unique “recipe” that everyone can easily remake.
For more details visit earthlyelements.com