Whether you have been procrastinating, busy, forgetful, or just awaiting that last paycheck to clear, here are a few suggestions for last-minute gift ideas for Christmas or even birthdays! What’s more – these ideas will hide the fact that they had been bought at the last moment. That’s because they are personal and absolutely BRILLIANT!
Last Minute Christmas or Birthday Presents – Buying from the Supermarket
Kill two birds with one stone and pick up Christmas and birthday presents during your weekly food shopping trip at the local supermarket, or even your local corner shop, with these thrifty last-minute gift ideas:
- Create a Food Hamper: decorate a box and fill with the person’s favorite foods and drinks. Many shops have an elegant or luxury range of foods that are ideal to purchase as gift items. This idea is personal, thoughtful and can be tailor-made to any recipient. Hint: Ferrero Rocher, Bouquet of Flowers, Cheese Plate/Platter, and maybe a card that mentions a homemade dinner? Definitely a WINNING idea!
- A Bottle of Tipple: simply select a bottle of the person’s favorite alcoholic beverage, or choose one that is in a refreshing bottle and wrap festively or in a bottle gift bag, which is often also available at supermarkets!
- Books, DVDs, Games, and CDs: Many supermarkets, both small and large, now hold a range of books, DVDs, games, and CDs. This is the perfect opportunity to pick up a straight forward and inexpensive gift perfect for all ages and gender.
Some larger supermarkets now stock a wide range of fashion items, beauty items, and homewares, so if you are lucky enough to have these at your disposal, there is no reason you can’t find the perfect last-minute gift.
Last Minute Christmas and Birthday Gifts – Buying Online
The internet, of course, holds vast possibilities – it just depends on how long it will take for items to arrive. Most websites do offer rush shipping, so that is always an option. The other alternative is to have the gift delivered directly to the recipient, which will add the element of surprise and extra thought. Here are some internet-related options for last-minute present-buying:
- Sending flowers: some sites allow you to send cards and flowers together directly to the person. This is a simple, thoughtful, and apparent EASY option which is ideal for a female loved one whether it’s for your partner, mom, grandmother, or even a close friend.
- Sending chocolates via mail: many chocolate companies now have online options to send chocolates directly to a recipient, ideal for many recipients and again, very simple.
- Online Gift Vouchers: if you’re lacking inspiration, a gift voucher is always appreciated. These can often be sent via email, making them instant – so it’s a great gift idea if you only remember halfway through the day of the actual occasion or event!
Looking for a unique AND super out of the box gift idea? A drone! Wait, what?! The DJI Global Mavic Mini is a quadcopter perfect for tech fanatics and those who are into tech-toys. It is powerful, creative, easy to operate, and worry-free.
DJI Global Mavic Mini
Stabilized Gimbal Camera
Transform any moment into a work of art. Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K Quad HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear, ultra-smooth footage.
See what your Mavic Mini sees. A dedicated remote controller maintains an HD, low-latency video feed at a distance of up to 4 km.  Detachable control sticks can be easily stored inside the remote controller for added portability.
Extended Flight Time
Less battery charging, more flying. Mavic Mini’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery.
Complex shots are easier than ever. Shots that look like they came from a Hollywood film set are just a few taps away with Mavic Mini’s QuickShot modes, which include Dronie, Circle, Helix, and Rocket. Just select your QuickShot and Mavic Mini will execute an elaborate preset motion while recording. Take the automatically generated short video and share it instantly with friends on social media.
Smoother motion for compositions that wow. Slow down Mavic Mini’s flight speed and movements for an added layer of precision and stability. This mode is especially useful when flying in narrow or complex spaces.
Discover Popular Spots
Find scenic shooting locations near you. The DJI Fly app gives users integrated access to SkyPixel, a social media platform for users to share their aerial photos and videos. Browse work, share your own, and even discover popular aerial photography spots in your area.
Two-Way Charging Hub
The Two-Way Charging Hub can charge up to three batteries in sequence. It can also be used to store and transport batteries, and even as a power bank to charge your mobile device.
DIY Creative Kit
Make your FlyCam truly yours with this kit that includes shell stickers and colorful markers.
Show off your Mavic Mini while charging it with this convenient charging base.
DJI Mini Bag
Pack your Mavic Mini and Two-Way Charging Hub easily with this signature shoulder bag that’s perfect for everyday use.
Personalize your Mavic Mini with a wide range of compatible accessories when you use the Snap Adapter. 
This lightweight propeller holder protects your FlyCam propellers from being damaged during transportation. It can also be used to fasten your Mavic Mini to your bag or belt.
The DJI Global Mavic Mini is available at Best Buy stores or online! Find out more here: https://bby.me/57buf
Of course, you can always head to any of the usual gift sites or high street shops online, many of them now offer gift wrap services so you can send directly to the recipient, or carry it out to hand deliver on a particular day.